Click here for the Department of Education link to the Primary School's Sports Funding page.
What is the Sports Premium?
The Government is providing funding of £150 million per annum for academic years 2013/14 and 2014/15 to provide new, substantial primary school sport funding’. This funding is being jointly provided by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport, and will see money going directly to primary school headteachers to spend on improving the quality of sport and PE for all their children.
The sport funding can only be spent on sport and PE provision in schools.
Sports and PE Premium Funding
At Sleights Church of England (Voluntary Controlled) Primary School, we hold a firm commitment to ensuring high quality PE and sport for every child. The school receives additional funding to support this and build sustainability for high quality PE and sports.
The Department for Education states that the premium should be used to:
• Develop or add to the PE and sport activities that the school already offers
• Build capacity and capability within the school to ensure that improvements made now will benefit pupils joining the school in future years.
The key indicators and improvement areas for the premium spending are:
• The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity
• The profile of PE and sport is raised across the school as a tool for whole-school improvement
• Increased confidence and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
• Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils.
• Increased participating in competitive sport.
In 2018/2019, the school expects to receive £16,930 in additional funding for the sports and PE premium. This is used in a range of ways to support and develop whole school provision. A full summary of our intended spend and the impact it has had can be found here: 2019 Sports Premium Strategy
An evaluation of our spending for 2017/2018 can be found here: 2018 Evaluated Sports Premium Strategy