Please see our overarching curriculum intent, implementation and impact statements in the drop down curriculum menu of this website.
For 2021/2022, our curriculum themes are:
This is our World
Inventions and Inventors
A full copy of the Long Term Plan and individual subject coverage can be found below.
At Sleights, we believe that purposeful, practical and collaborative experiences are central to inspiring learning. In line with our school vision, when we work together with purpose, we believe that children are happy learners, who flourish and succeed.
Sleights is safe and happy learning environment that provides children with rich opportunities for children to flourish and succeed.
Collaboration among staff and children is an integral tool in curriculum intent implementation and impact.
- All staff and children are encouraged and supported to take risks in a safe and nurturing environment.
- Learning is exciting, engaging and inspiring for all.
- Well-planned and purposeful learning opportunities provide broad curriculum access for all learners.
- Principles of Early Years practice and the characteristics of effective learning underpin the entire school curriculum across the full age range.
- High expectations and standards and a culture of ongoing development and improvement leads to rapid progress and attainment.
- All subject areas are valued equally and have the same importance and impact on the whole curriculum.
- Children’s interests, exploration and prior experiences drive curriculum developments and progress.
- Learning is ‘brought to life’ through opportunities to engage with subject experts and visits.
- Learning will be open ended and allow all children to consider “Where will learning take you?”
Our creative curriculum follows a broad theme each term. We invite ideas and suggestions for tackling these themes from our children and families and integrate these wherever possible.
The National Curriculum
The National Curriculum sets out the minimum content for our curriculum. Please use the links below to find out what our children will be taught.